Spurs shut out Manchester United, put up 70m pound tag on Bale
London: Issuing a firm `hands of `approach, Tottenham Hotspur`s chairman Daniel Levy has told Manchester United that it will cost them 70 million pounds to sign their star winger Gareth Bale.
Spurs is determined to keep their prize asset and will open talks on a new deal for Bale in the summer, under which Bale`s pay may shoot up from 90,000 pounds-a week to 1,50,000 pounds.
Although United had reportedly made a top-level inquiry for Bale, who is a strong contender to win both the PFA Player of the Year and the FWA Footballer of the Year awards this season, the club has been discouraged from pursuing the Welsh footballer because of Tottenham`s soaring evaluation.
Bale has also been touted as a potential successor to Cristiano Ronaldo at Madrid, if the Portugal star was to leave, although Tottenham`s stance at the moment is that Bale must stay at the club.
United have also been examining the possibility of an Old Trafford return for Cristiano Ronaldo , sold to Real Madrid for a world-record 80 million pounds, although boss Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that the financial implications make that an unlikely scenario too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming