close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds
header
Raheem Sterling contract talks on hold says Brendan Rodgers

London: Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers revealed on Friday that England winger Raheem Sterling has put contract talks on hold until the end of the season.

The Premier League club have been in negotiations with Sterling for several months over a new deal to replace the 20-year-old`s existing one, which expires in 2017.

Rodgers had previously claimed Liverpool offered their prize asset an "incredible" deal, but after further talks this week failed to reach a satisfactory conclusion, the saga has been postponed until the current campaign is over.

Asked whether there was likely to be a solution found soon, Rodgers said: "Not between now and the end of the season.

"It has been made clear by Raheem`s representative and the boy himself, he just wants to concentrate on his football and see what can be resolved in the summer.

"I am sure it will be resolved and the concentration for Raheem is now on his football and it is clear the terms of when those talks will begin again."

With contract negotiations dragging on, Sterling has found himself linked with some of Europe`s top clubs including Real Madrid, with Manchester City the latest to be linked after reports on Friday they were considering a big-money bid.

Rodgers dismissed that and all other links.

"It is all speculation. It is something we can`t worry ourselves on," he added.

"The boy is happy here and I repeat if you have the interest of the kid and his football development at this stage of his career, this is the best place to be."

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions