EPL clubs win warm-ups on a day Arsenal thumped Manchester City for Shield
Zee Media Bureau/Jayanta Oinam New Delhi: On a day Arsene Wenger`s Arsenal thumped champions Manchester City in the Community Shield 3-0 to stake their claim as one of the title contenders, Chelsea and Liverpool also got their acts together registering emphatic wins elsewhere. At the hallowed ground of Anfield, Brendon Rodgers` Liverpool humiliated German power-house Borrusia Dortmund 4-0, showing no signs of hangover after the departure of Luis Suarez. Brazil play-maker Phillipe Coutinho ran the show allowing a free-flowing football to dominate the 2012-13 Champions League finalists. After Daniel Sturridge opened the scoring as early as 10th minute, goals from Dejan Lovren, Coutinho and Jordan Henderson completed the rout to provide Reds a perfect warm-up to their league campaign. However, Chelsea came from behind to beat the Hungarian outfit Ferencvaros in Budapest. Goals from Ramires and former Barcelona and Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas saved the blues for Jose Mourinho. The friendly also witnessed Blues returning legend Didier Drogba limped off on 28th minute. A late goal from French midfielder Moussa Sissoko help Newcastle United beat La Liga club Real Sociedad at St James’ Park. Sissoko combined with his national team-mate Gabriel Obertan to score the only goal of the match. At Stuttgart, Hull City continued their impressive form by defeating the Bundesliga club 2-1. Three days earlier, Steve Bruce`s side started their continental foray with a win over Trencin in their UEFA Europa League tie. Tiger`s new signing Andrew Robertson scored the winning goal after David Meyler`s early opener was labelled by Vedad Ibisevic for Stuttgart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read