Essien finalises move from Chelsea to Milan
Michael Essien has completed his move to AC Milan after spending eight-and-a-half years at Chelsea, the English Premier League club said on Monday.
The Ghana midfielder joined the Londoners in 2005 during which time they won the Champions League, the Premier League twice and the FA Cup four times.
Essien spent last season on loan at Real Madrid. He made 256 appearances for Chelsea, scoring 25 goals.
"To show Michael respect is to not stop him going," manager Jose Mourinho told the club`s website (www.chelseafc.com).
"We would have been happy had he stayed because he is a fantastic player for the team but he`s given everything for the club and a great chance arrived for his future.
"I know he can continue to play at a high level and I wish him success and happiness in Italy and at the World Cup in Brazil," said Mourinho.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi