Essien finalises move from Chelsea to Milan
Michael Essien has completed his move to AC Milan after spending eight-and-a-half years at Chelsea, the English Premier League club said on Monday.
The Ghana midfielder joined the Londoners in 2005 during which time they won the Champions League, the Premier League twice and the FA Cup four times.
Essien spent last season on loan at Real Madrid. He made 256 appearances for Chelsea, scoring 25 goals.
"To show Michael respect is to not stop him going," manager Jose Mourinho told the club`s website (www.chelseafc.com).
"We would have been happy had he stayed because he is a fantastic player for the team but he`s given everything for the club and a great chance arrived for his future.
"I know he can continue to play at a high level and I wish him success and happiness in Italy and at the World Cup in Brazil," said Mourinho.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi