Eto`o and Drogba on Africa`s top player shortlist
London: Three-times African Footballer of the Year Samuel Eto`o was among five players named on a shortlist for the 2009 award on Thursday.
Cameroon and Inter Milan striker Eto`o, winner in 2003, 2004 and 2005, faces stiff competition from Ivory Coast and Chelsea forward Didier Drogba, Ghana and Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien of Chelsea, Mali and Barcelona midfielder Seydou Keita and Ivory Coast and Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure.
The five finalists were announced by the Cairo-based Confederation of African Football. The winner will be announced on Feb. 25. and is voted for by each coach of Africa`s 53 member associations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea