Eto`o and Drogba on Africa`s top player shortlist
London: Three-times African Footballer of the Year Samuel Eto`o was among five players named on a shortlist for the 2009 award on Thursday.
Cameroon and Inter Milan striker Eto`o, winner in 2003, 2004 and 2005, faces stiff competition from Ivory Coast and Chelsea forward Didier Drogba, Ghana and Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien of Chelsea, Mali and Barcelona midfielder Seydou Keita and Ivory Coast and Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure.
The five finalists were announced by the Cairo-based Confederation of African Football. The winner will be announced on Feb. 25. and is voted for by each coach of Africa`s 53 member associations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?