Eto`o and Drogba on Africa`s top player shortlist
London: Three-times African Footballer of the Year Samuel Eto`o was among five players named on a shortlist for the 2009 award on Thursday.
Cameroon and Inter Milan striker Eto`o, winner in 2003, 2004 and 2005, faces stiff competition from Ivory Coast and Chelsea forward Didier Drogba, Ghana and Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien of Chelsea, Mali and Barcelona midfielder Seydou Keita and Ivory Coast and Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure.
The five finalists were announced by the Cairo-based Confederation of African Football. The winner will be announced on Feb. 25. and is voted for by each coach of Africa`s 53 member associations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress
- Delhi government seeks taxi unions' views over ban on diesel cab
- Real estate developers to land in trouble for taking consumers 'for a ride'
- Pakistan's ISI using mobile apps to lure Indian jawans, retired officials: Report
- IS may be making chemical weapons, warns watchdog