Eto`o says used to hate Mourinho during initial days at Chelsea
London: Chelsea striker Samuel Eto`o has revealed that all was not well in his initial relationship with manager Jose Mourinho when he was at the club and that it had began with the two men hating each other.
According to the BBC, Eto`o expressed that the relationship he had with Mourinho was something really interesting, because it was based on hate at the start and gradually grew into love.
Eto`o has signed a one-year deal with Chelsea, having moved from Russian Premier League team Anzhi Makhachkala on a free transfer, the report said.
The four-time African Footballer of the Year became the highest-paid player in the world when he moved to Anzhi in 2011, but has taken a 10 million-pound pay-cut in his annual salary, from 17 million pounds to 7 million pounds, to join the Stamford Bridge club, the report added.
Eto`o said that he remembers a game when the two were fighting and said some terrible things to each other, but they both regretted it afterwards, adding that he liked Mourinho because he talked through problems and handled things like a man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair