Eto`o scores twice as Anzhi beat Young Boys
Moscow: Samuel Eto`o scored twice as Anzhi beat Swiss football club Young Boys Bern 2-0 in the Europa League.
Anzhi are joint top with Udinese in Group A with four points, while Young Boys are last with two defeats in two games.
Anzhi remain unbeaten in eight Europa League contests this season, including qualifiers, and the Russian league leaders have not lost since defeat to CSKA Moscow Aug 12.
"We got the three points against a team which is very difficult to play," Anzhi coach Guus Hiddink said after the win Thursday.
"In the second half, we played a little more advanced, a little more tempo and we got the result."
Young Boys coach Martin Rueda said he was disappointed to lose but satisfied with how his team had restricted Anzhi`s attack.
"Anzhi had one or two chances in the entire match," he said.
The match was played in Moscow because UEFA has banned Anzhi`s home stadium in the Caucasus region of Dagestan from hosting European games due to security concerns.
Anzhi next face Liverpool at Anfield Oct 25 in their biggest test in European competition so far, while a home tie against Udinese awaits Young Boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video