Eto`o scores twice as Anzhi beat Young Boys
Moscow: Samuel Eto`o scored twice as Anzhi beat Swiss football club Young Boys Bern 2-0 in the Europa League.
Anzhi are joint top with Udinese in Group A with four points, while Young Boys are last with two defeats in two games.
Anzhi remain unbeaten in eight Europa League contests this season, including qualifiers, and the Russian league leaders have not lost since defeat to CSKA Moscow Aug 12.
"We got the three points against a team which is very difficult to play," Anzhi coach Guus Hiddink said after the win Thursday.
"In the second half, we played a little more advanced, a little more tempo and we got the result."
Young Boys coach Martin Rueda said he was disappointed to lose but satisfied with how his team had restricted Anzhi`s attack.
"Anzhi had one or two chances in the entire match," he said.
The match was played in Moscow because UEFA has banned Anzhi`s home stadium in the Caucasus region of Dagestan from hosting European games due to security concerns.
Anzhi next face Liverpool at Anfield Oct 25 in their biggest test in European competition so far, while a home tie against Udinese awaits Young Boys.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement