Eto`o silences racist chants with goal in Inter win
Milan: Samuel Eto`o scored another cracking goal to give Inter Milan a 1-0 win at Cagliari on Sunday and hit back at the racist chanters who had earlier held up the game.
The battling victory sent champions Inter level on points at the top with AC Milan, who beat Chievo on Saturday, but Lazio could claim first place outright with a win at Bari in the late game (1845 GMT).
Cameroon forward Eto`o took his Serie A tally to six goals from seven games this term and like most of his recent efforts, the 39th minute goal from 18 metres was a marvellous strike.
His goal was also the perfect riposte to the Cagliari fans whose racist chants caused the referee to suspend the game after three minutes of play. A public announcement was made asking supporters to stop the chants and the game soon restarted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!