Eto`o silences racist chants with goal in Inter win
Milan: Samuel Eto`o scored another cracking goal to give Inter Milan a 1-0 win at Cagliari on Sunday and hit back at the racist chanters who had earlier held up the game.
The battling victory sent champions Inter level on points at the top with AC Milan, who beat Chievo on Saturday, but Lazio could claim first place outright with a win at Bari in the late game (1845 GMT).
Cameroon forward Eto`o took his Serie A tally to six goals from seven games this term and like most of his recent efforts, the 39th minute goal from 18 metres was a marvellous strike.
His goal was also the perfect riposte to the Cagliari fans whose racist chants caused the referee to suspend the game after three minutes of play. A public announcement was made asking supporters to stop the chants and the game soon restarted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims