Eto`o silences racist chants with goal in Inter win
Milan: Samuel Eto`o scored another cracking goal to give Inter Milan a 1-0 win at Cagliari on Sunday and hit back at the racist chanters who had earlier held up the game.
The battling victory sent champions Inter level on points at the top with AC Milan, who beat Chievo on Saturday, but Lazio could claim first place outright with a win at Bari in the late game (1845 GMT).
Cameroon forward Eto`o took his Serie A tally to six goals from seven games this term and like most of his recent efforts, the 39th minute goal from 18 metres was a marvellous strike.
His goal was also the perfect riposte to the Cagliari fans whose racist chants caused the referee to suspend the game after three minutes of play. A public announcement was made asking supporters to stop the chants and the game soon restarted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside