Eto`o silences racist chants with goal in Inter win
Milan: Samuel Eto`o scored another cracking goal to give Inter Milan a 1-0 win at Cagliari on Sunday and hit back at the racist chanters who had earlier held up the game.
The battling victory sent champions Inter level on points at the top with AC Milan, who beat Chievo on Saturday, but Lazio could claim first place outright with a win at Bari in the late game (1845 GMT).
Cameroon forward Eto`o took his Serie A tally to six goals from seven games this term and like most of his recent efforts, the 39th minute goal from 18 metres was a marvellous strike.
His goal was also the perfect riposte to the Cagliari fans whose racist chants caused the referee to suspend the game after three minutes of play. A public announcement was made asking supporters to stop the chants and the game soon restarted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur