Euro 2012 was a complete disaster: Robben
The former Real Madrid player started each of Netherlands` group match defeats against Denmark, Germany and Portugal, as the team were eliminated from the competition without a single point.
The winger joined up with the national side for the first time following their poor performance in Poland and Ukraine, ahead of this week`s friendly against Belgium, and had some strong words to say about their campaign.
"The Euros were a complete disaster, just one big drama - worthless,"
"Too many things happened that prevented us from having a good tournament. We will have to talk about the things that happened. We have to look forward, but we must not forget what happened, and where it went wrong in June."
When asked what exactly went wrong in Poland and Ukraine, Robben was not clear: "I don`t want to give away details, but it`s clear that we need to talk with each other."
Netherlands play their first match since Euro 2012 against Belgium on August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune