`I don`t want to disrespect Wenger` - Mancini vague over swoop for Van Persie
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has continued to be evasive over speculation linking the club with a move for Robin van Persie.
The Arsenal striker, who hit 37 goals in all competitions last season, has reportedly attracted interest from Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain and the Premier League champions, and with the Dutchman, as yet, failing to agree new terms on a contract that expires in just 12 months’ time, speculation is rife that a big-money move to the Etihad Stadium could be imminent.
However, Mancini has acted quickly to distance himself from the conjecture, without categorically ruling out a bid for the forward.
The Italian told Sky Sports Italia: "Van Persie? He is an Arsenal player and I don`t want to disrespect Wenger."
"We have four strikers and we will start the preseason in five days, it`s unlikely there will be major changes in such a short time,” he added.
While on the subject of strikers, the City boss also ruled out the possibility of duo Edin Dzeko and Carlos Tevez leaving the club this summer, with Juventus again being touted as potential suitors for either.
"The same goes for Dzeko, his farewell is not expected," Mancini continued.
“The interest from Juventus for him? It will be difficult that Edin goes away. Tevez will remain, unless he wants to change team.
The 48-year-old also stressed his desire to keep Serbian left back Aleksandar Kolarov at the club, who recently spoke out regarding his frustration at minimal first-team action, but admitted he wouldn’t block a move away should transpire.
He added: "Kolarov? I myself wanted him at City, he is a great player. If it depends on me, he would remain at City.
“I`d love to have him again in the next season but I cannot impose myself on his will."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!