`I don`t want to disrespect Wenger` - Mancini vague over swoop for Van Persie
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has continued to be evasive over speculation linking the club with a move for Robin van Persie.
The Arsenal striker, who hit 37 goals in all competitions last season, has reportedly attracted interest from Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain and the Premier League champions, and with the Dutchman, as yet, failing to agree new terms on a contract that expires in just 12 months’ time, speculation is rife that a big-money move to the Etihad Stadium could be imminent.
However, Mancini has acted quickly to distance himself from the conjecture, without categorically ruling out a bid for the forward.
The Italian told Sky Sports Italia: "Van Persie? He is an Arsenal player and I don`t want to disrespect Wenger."
"We have four strikers and we will start the preseason in five days, it`s unlikely there will be major changes in such a short time,” he added.
While on the subject of strikers, the City boss also ruled out the possibility of duo Edin Dzeko and Carlos Tevez leaving the club this summer, with Juventus again being touted as potential suitors for either.
"The same goes for Dzeko, his farewell is not expected," Mancini continued.
“The interest from Juventus for him? It will be difficult that Edin goes away. Tevez will remain, unless he wants to change team.
The 48-year-old also stressed his desire to keep Serbian left back Aleksandar Kolarov at the club, who recently spoke out regarding his frustration at minimal first-team action, but admitted he wouldn’t block a move away should transpire.
He added: "Kolarov? I myself wanted him at City, he is a great player. If it depends on me, he would remain at City.
“I`d love to have him again in the next season but I cannot impose myself on his will."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what