Agger’s message to England team: Do not fear Germany
Kiev: Denmark and Liverpool defender Daniel Agger believes that England should not fear Germany should they play them in the semi-finals of Euro 2012.
The Denmark captain led his country out in their 2-1 defeat at the hands of Joachim Low`s team on Sunday, a result which eliminated Morten Olsen`s side from the competition.
Germany were ran close by the Danes, however, needing a late Lars Bender goal to seal victory after Michael Krohn-Dehli had cancelled out Lukas Podolski`s opener.]
England will face die Mannschaft if the two countries come through their respective quarter-final matches against Italy and Greece respectively.
Germany would be heavy favourites for such a game, having thrashed the Three Lions 4-1 at the 2010 World Cup, but Agger believes the England players play against opposition of such quality regularly in the Premier League.
"Germany were the best team in our group when they had the ball, but we felt we had a chance against their defence," Agger said.
"Their front three don`t stay in one position, they`re constantly changing sides and running into new positions. But I play against strikers of that quality every week in the Premier League and so do the England players."
Germany are currently on a 13-match winning streak in competitive fixtures and will look to continue that run against Fernando Santos` team on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Help your child grow with Ziro, a dexterous robotics kit for kids!
- Baltimore police officer acquitted in Freddie Gray death
- Bombs kill nearly 150 in Syrian government-held cities
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers