Agger’s message to England team: Do not fear Germany
Kiev: Denmark and Liverpool defender Daniel Agger believes that England should not fear Germany should they play them in the semi-finals of Euro 2012.
The Denmark captain led his country out in their 2-1 defeat at the hands of Joachim Low`s team on Sunday, a result which eliminated Morten Olsen`s side from the competition.
Germany were ran close by the Danes, however, needing a late Lars Bender goal to seal victory after Michael Krohn-Dehli had cancelled out Lukas Podolski`s opener.]
England will face die Mannschaft if the two countries come through their respective quarter-final matches against Italy and Greece respectively.
Germany would be heavy favourites for such a game, having thrashed the Three Lions 4-1 at the 2010 World Cup, but Agger believes the England players play against opposition of such quality regularly in the Premier League.
"Germany were the best team in our group when they had the ball, but we felt we had a chance against their defence," Agger said.
"Their front three don`t stay in one position, they`re constantly changing sides and running into new positions. But I play against strikers of that quality every week in the Premier League and so do the England players."
Germany are currently on a 13-match winning streak in competitive fixtures and will look to continue that run against Fernando Santos` team on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Black money window: I-T dept creates special tab on website
- India's growth may dip by 0.60% on Brexit, predicts Morgan Stanley
- Players did not lose faith in Hodgson: Wayne Rooney
- IND vs NZ: New-age Team India announce Kiwi-series fixtures in unique style
- EPFO aims to cover all workers under PF, pension by 2030