Albertini: Italy should bring home the trophy on Sunday
Kiev: Former Italy international Demetrio Albertini has spoken of his hopes of seeing his country climb back to the forefront of international football with victory in the Euro 2012 final on Sunday against Spain.
Italy reached the final against Vicente del Bosque`s men by beating Germany 2-1 in Thursday`s semi-final at the National Stadium in Warsaw.
The FIGC official, who was capped 79 times by the Azzurri between 1991 and 2002, hopes that Cesare Prandelli`s side can bring the famous trophy back home to the peninsula.
"We hope to bring home the European trophy. Our game [is] more `beautiful` [than it] was [in] the first Italy-Spain game" the 40-year-old told Rai Uno.
"We hope to bring home this European trophy [that] we feel [is] ours. We are in the final deservedly, we`ll play [all] the way.``
Sunday`s Euro 2012 final in Kiev kicks off at 20:45CET.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra