Albertini: Italy should bring home the trophy on Sunday
Kiev: Former Italy international Demetrio Albertini has spoken of his hopes of seeing his country climb back to the forefront of international football with victory in the Euro 2012 final on Sunday against Spain.
Italy reached the final against Vicente del Bosque`s men by beating Germany 2-1 in Thursday`s semi-final at the National Stadium in Warsaw.
The FIGC official, who was capped 79 times by the Azzurri between 1991 and 2002, hopes that Cesare Prandelli`s side can bring the famous trophy back home to the peninsula.
"We hope to bring home the European trophy. Our game [is] more `beautiful` [than it] was [in] the first Italy-Spain game" the 40-year-old told Rai Uno.
"We hope to bring home this European trophy [that] we feel [is] ours. We are in the final deservedly, we`ll play [all] the way.``
Sunday`s Euro 2012 final in Kiev kicks off at 20:45CET.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16