Balotelli is very peculiar: Del Bosque
Kiev: Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has stated that Mario Balotelli is "very peculiar", but admits he is wary of the threat posed by the Italy striker.
The unorthodox forward scored an outstanding brace against Germany in the Euro 2012 semi-finals, and La Roja’s manager is hoping the Manchester City man does not do the same against the world champions in Sunday’s final.
“Balotelli is a peculiar type, very peculiar,” the 61-year-old revealed to Gazzetta dello Sport.
“I do not know him personally but he is a very complete footballer; fast, technically good, he knows how to dribble and is good in the air.”
Del Bosque has also identified Andrea Pirlo and Antonio Cassano as threats in the competition decider.
“My assistant Toni Grande always talks highly of Cassano, who he worked with whilst assistant to [Fabio] Capello at Real Madrid. He says that he is an extraordinary player.
“Pirlo is a symbol of the Italian national team. He led Juventus to the Scudetto and in this game we must be aware of his quality,” he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption