Balotelli is very peculiar: Del Bosque
Kiev: Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has stated that Mario Balotelli is "very peculiar", but admits he is wary of the threat posed by the Italy striker.
The unorthodox forward scored an outstanding brace against Germany in the Euro 2012 semi-finals, and La Roja’s manager is hoping the Manchester City man does not do the same against the world champions in Sunday’s final.
“Balotelli is a peculiar type, very peculiar,” the 61-year-old revealed to Gazzetta dello Sport.
“I do not know him personally but he is a very complete footballer; fast, technically good, he knows how to dribble and is good in the air.”
Del Bosque has also identified Andrea Pirlo and Antonio Cassano as threats in the competition decider.
“My assistant Toni Grande always talks highly of Cassano, who he worked with whilst assistant to [Fabio] Capello at Real Madrid. He says that he is an extraordinary player.
“Pirlo is a symbol of the Italian national team. He led Juventus to the Scudetto and in this game we must be aware of his quality,” he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir