Chiellini’s injury boost for England ahead of Euro quarterfinal clash
London: Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini has been ruled out of the ongoing Euro Cup after picking up a thigh injury during their 2-0 win over Republic of Ireland, and the news has given a timely boost to England before their quarterfinal clash on Sunday.
Chiellini had to be replaced by fellow center-half Leonardo Bonucci during the game and manager Cesare Prandelli`s initial fears were confirmed on Wednesday.
“The first tests are not great,” Prandelli was quoted as saying after their match against Ireland.
When asked if his tournament was over, Prandelli added: “I don`t know, we will see.”
Chiellini had taken to Twitter to reassure fans, saying: “On Wednesday I will have some tests to better check the injury but you can be certain that I will do everything to return as soon as possible.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi