Coach Bosque says Spain’s success down to efficient nation’s footballing structure
Islamabad: Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque has said the major reason behind the team’s emphatic success was the efficiency of its clubs’ football academies and the excellence of its coaching staff.
Del Bosque said Spain are into an incredible footballing era, and are leading the pack of Europe’s elite football playing nations.
“(Our success) is not a coincidence and has its foundations in many things, in the structure of our football, in the academies, and in better coaches,” a newspaper quoted Del Bosque, as saying on the Spanish Football Association’s website.
“The (Spanish) clubs are devoting themselves to training youngsters, some kids leave for foreign teams at a very young age. Before we would travel abroad to look at the academies in France, Russia, Germany. Now, many of these countries come to see what we are doing in Spain,” he added.
“We have put a certain complex regarding Europe behind us and right now we are at the same level as any country in our vicinity. We are among a group of candidates to lead European football,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video