Cold reception for `Oranje` in the Netherlands
Amsterdam: The Dutch national football team returned home Monday after their inglorious exit at Euro 2012 and were treated with boos when they arrived at Amsterdam`s Schiphol airport.
Fences were placed to hold back possible fans, but there turned out to be more journalists than supporters waiting for the arrival. Most people who stood by the railings had come to Schiphol for another reason.
The players did not speak to the press, but some players took the time for giving signatures to the supporters. From Schiphol the players went by bus to a hotel in Amsterdam where their family were waiting for them.
The Netherlands, who were World Cup runners-up, started Euro 2012 as one of the tournament favourites, but were ousted after three defeats against Denmark, Germany and Portugal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Hosts lead by 489 at 3rd day close
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet