Cold reception for `Oranje` in the Netherlands
Amsterdam: The Dutch national football team returned home Monday after their inglorious exit at Euro 2012 and were treated with boos when they arrived at Amsterdam`s Schiphol airport.
Fences were placed to hold back possible fans, but there turned out to be more journalists than supporters waiting for the arrival. Most people who stood by the railings had come to Schiphol for another reason.
The players did not speak to the press, but some players took the time for giving signatures to the supporters. From Schiphol the players went by bus to a hotel in Amsterdam where their family were waiting for them.
The Netherlands, who were World Cup runners-up, started Euro 2012 as one of the tournament favourites, but were ousted after three defeats against Denmark, Germany and Portugal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you