Cold reception for `Oranje` in the Netherlands
Amsterdam: The Dutch national football team returned home Monday after their inglorious exit at Euro 2012 and were treated with boos when they arrived at Amsterdam`s Schiphol airport.
Fences were placed to hold back possible fans, but there turned out to be more journalists than supporters waiting for the arrival. Most people who stood by the railings had come to Schiphol for another reason.
The players did not speak to the press, but some players took the time for giving signatures to the supporters. From Schiphol the players went by bus to a hotel in Amsterdam where their family were waiting for them.
The Netherlands, who were World Cup runners-up, started Euro 2012 as one of the tournament favourites, but were ousted after three defeats against Denmark, Germany and Portugal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona