Cold reception for `Oranje` in the Netherlands
Amsterdam: The Dutch national football team returned home Monday after their inglorious exit at Euro 2012 and were treated with boos when they arrived at Amsterdam`s Schiphol airport.
Fences were placed to hold back possible fans, but there turned out to be more journalists than supporters waiting for the arrival. Most people who stood by the railings had come to Schiphol for another reason.
The players did not speak to the press, but some players took the time for giving signatures to the supporters. From Schiphol the players went by bus to a hotel in Amsterdam where their family were waiting for them.
The Netherlands, who were World Cup runners-up, started Euro 2012 as one of the tournament favourites, but were ousted after three defeats against Denmark, Germany and Portugal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog