Cole says England ‘bulldogs’ ready to die for each other on pitch ahead of Euro QF
London: Veteran England left back Ashley Cole has said the bulldog spirit of the Three Lions team would help them beat Italy in the Euro Cup quarterfinal on Sunday, and claimed that the bond is so strong that the players are even prepared to die for each other on the pitch.
The Chelsea star cited the visible example that everyone had sung the national anthem before each of the matches so far.
“You know with most English lads, and you can see it in this team, we’re like 11 bulldogs who will never give up, who will always work for each other and basically die on the pitch for each other. So far, it seems to be working,” Cole was quoted as saying.
Cole, who would earn his 98th international cap against the Italians and could mark his 100th appearance in the finals of the Euros, believes this group of players is closer to each other than the previous England squads he has been involved in.
“It’s massive. You can see so many people shouting it out because they really believe in what we are singing. When you’ve got all the England fans singing it as well it gives you goosebumps,” Cole said.
“It’s something we’re proud to sing. When you come out and know you’re singing the national anthem it gives you a buzz and gets you lifted for the game,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump