England fans protest against Sol Campbell with ‘coffin’ during Euros
London: England fans who are supporting their country in Ukraine during the Euro Cup have protested against former Three Lions star Sol Campbell with a coffin demo over his alleged comments on racist violence in the country.
Ex-Tottenham Hotspurs and Arsenal star Campbell has last month said that fans should not travel to Euro 2012 because of racist violence.
He had famously said that the fans could “come back in a coffin”, but the supporters claim Campbell was wrong, and praised Ukraine for being a brilliant host.
“Campbell’s remarks were ludicrous. I’ve had a wonderful reception from the Ukrainian people,” Pete Harper from Sheffield was quoted as saying.
Fans are to carry the coffin to the Donbass Arena for Tuesday’s decider with Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what