England fans protest against Sol Campbell with ‘coffin’ during Euros
London: England fans who are supporting their country in Ukraine during the Euro Cup have protested against former Three Lions star Sol Campbell with a coffin demo over his alleged comments on racist violence in the country.
Ex-Tottenham Hotspurs and Arsenal star Campbell has last month said that fans should not travel to Euro 2012 because of racist violence.
He had famously said that the fans could “come back in a coffin”, but the supporters claim Campbell was wrong, and praised Ukraine for being a brilliant host.
“Campbell’s remarks were ludicrous. I’ve had a wonderful reception from the Ukrainian people,” Pete Harper from Sheffield was quoted as saying.
Fans are to carry the coffin to the Donbass Arena for Tuesday’s decider with Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video