England fans protest against Sol Campbell with ‘coffin’ during Euros
London: England fans who are supporting their country in Ukraine during the Euro Cup have protested against former Three Lions star Sol Campbell with a coffin demo over his alleged comments on racist violence in the country.
Ex-Tottenham Hotspurs and Arsenal star Campbell has last month said that fans should not travel to Euro 2012 because of racist violence.
He had famously said that the fans could “come back in a coffin”, but the supporters claim Campbell was wrong, and praised Ukraine for being a brilliant host.
“Campbell’s remarks were ludicrous. I’ve had a wonderful reception from the Ukrainian people,” Pete Harper from Sheffield was quoted as saying.
Fans are to carry the coffin to the Donbass Arena for Tuesday’s decider with Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security