England fans protest against Sol Campbell with ‘coffin’ during Euros
London: England fans who are supporting their country in Ukraine during the Euro Cup have protested against former Three Lions star Sol Campbell with a coffin demo over his alleged comments on racist violence in the country.
Ex-Tottenham Hotspurs and Arsenal star Campbell has last month said that fans should not travel to Euro 2012 because of racist violence.
He had famously said that the fans could “come back in a coffin”, but the supporters claim Campbell was wrong, and praised Ukraine for being a brilliant host.
“Campbell’s remarks were ludicrous. I’ve had a wonderful reception from the Ukrainian people,” Pete Harper from Sheffield was quoted as saying.
Fans are to carry the coffin to the Donbass Arena for Tuesday’s decider with Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16