England have something to prove: Malouda
Paris: France midfielder Florent Malouda claims the current England crop have something to prove ahead of their opening Euro 2012 fixture against Les Bleus on June 11.
The Chelsea midfielder believes that even though expectations are at an all-time low for the Three Lions to win the tournament, they cannot be taken lightly.
"I have no doubt that England will be ready on June 11," Malouda told reporters.
"There are so many players in their group who have a lot to prove. We will be wary of this team.
"In general, when an English team enters a competition it is to win. Psychologically, this is not the kind of team who will hide behind excuses.
"When they play for England, as should be the case for France, it is to be the best. It will be a very tough game."
The 31-year-old, who is primarily employed as a winger for his club, also revealed his willingness to acquiesce to Laurent Blanc`s approach of deploying him in central midfield.
"I will not say that I like it, but I adapt," he added.
"It`s not my best position, but I’m used to it."
The former Lyon man went on to insist that team togetherness will have a big impact on how his side progress through the tournament.
“It is important to share the experience, especially when we`re preparing for the games," he continued.
"I think that I’m ready for the tournament. I’m very concentrated on the objective."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP cop posts obscene content on WhatsApp group — Know what happened after that
- Impressive youngsters made an impact on this successful tour: Sanjay Bangar
- Pushing the limits: How two sick men were rescued from dark and freezing South Pole
- Referendums that shaped the world as we know it...
- Our entire defence mechanism is India-specific, says top Pakistani military official