England have something to prove: Malouda
Paris: France midfielder Florent Malouda claims the current England crop have something to prove ahead of their opening Euro 2012 fixture against Les Bleus on June 11.
The Chelsea midfielder believes that even though expectations are at an all-time low for the Three Lions to win the tournament, they cannot be taken lightly.
"I have no doubt that England will be ready on June 11," Malouda told reporters.
"There are so many players in their group who have a lot to prove. We will be wary of this team.
"In general, when an English team enters a competition it is to win. Psychologically, this is not the kind of team who will hide behind excuses.
"When they play for England, as should be the case for France, it is to be the best. It will be a very tough game."
The 31-year-old, who is primarily employed as a winger for his club, also revealed his willingness to acquiesce to Laurent Blanc`s approach of deploying him in central midfield.
"I will not say that I like it, but I adapt," he added.
"It`s not my best position, but I’m used to it."
The former Lyon man went on to insist that team togetherness will have a big impact on how his side progress through the tournament.
“It is important to share the experience, especially when we`re preparing for the games," he continued.
"I think that I’m ready for the tournament. I’m very concentrated on the objective."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America