England’s Theo Walcott believes he has got Ronaldo’s touch
London: England football star Theo Walcott believes he has got the style of playing like Cristiano Ronaldo.
“I’ve never had a strike from distance like that so I surprised myself. I didn’t know I had the Ronaldo dip in me to be honest,” The Sun quoted Walcott, as saying.
Walcott could not keep the smile off his face as he beamed about his starring role in the dramatic 3-2 win and his Ronaldo-style goal.
“I was really shocked. I even thought it took a deflection at first but I have watched it back now and it didn’t. It was only my third touch and it just shows you must have the confidence to shoot from distance,” he added.
Despite making his England debut six years ago, Friday’s game was Walcott’s first at a major final.
“It was important that I had no injuries last season which was one of the best I had for Arsenal considering the amount of games I had,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani