England’s Theo Walcott believes he has got Ronaldo’s touch
London: England football star Theo Walcott believes he has got the style of playing like Cristiano Ronaldo.
“I’ve never had a strike from distance like that so I surprised myself. I didn’t know I had the Ronaldo dip in me to be honest,” The Sun quoted Walcott, as saying.
Walcott could not keep the smile off his face as he beamed about his starring role in the dramatic 3-2 win and his Ronaldo-style goal.
“I was really shocked. I even thought it took a deflection at first but I have watched it back now and it didn’t. It was only my third touch and it just shows you must have the confidence to shoot from distance,” he added.
Despite making his England debut six years ago, Friday’s game was Walcott’s first at a major final.
“It was important that I had no injuries last season which was one of the best I had for Arsenal considering the amount of games I had,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note