England’s Theo Walcott believes he has got Ronaldo’s touch
London: England football star Theo Walcott believes he has got the style of playing like Cristiano Ronaldo.
“I’ve never had a strike from distance like that so I surprised myself. I didn’t know I had the Ronaldo dip in me to be honest,” The Sun quoted Walcott, as saying.
Walcott could not keep the smile off his face as he beamed about his starring role in the dramatic 3-2 win and his Ronaldo-style goal.
“I was really shocked. I even thought it took a deflection at first but I have watched it back now and it didn’t. It was only my third touch and it just shows you must have the confidence to shoot from distance,” he added.
Despite making his England debut six years ago, Friday’s game was Walcott’s first at a major final.
“It was important that I had no injuries last season which was one of the best I had for Arsenal considering the amount of games I had,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory