England’s Theo Walcott believes he has got Ronaldo’s touch
London: England football star Theo Walcott believes he has got the style of playing like Cristiano Ronaldo.
“I’ve never had a strike from distance like that so I surprised myself. I didn’t know I had the Ronaldo dip in me to be honest,” The Sun quoted Walcott, as saying.
Walcott could not keep the smile off his face as he beamed about his starring role in the dramatic 3-2 win and his Ronaldo-style goal.
“I was really shocked. I even thought it took a deflection at first but I have watched it back now and it didn’t. It was only my third touch and it just shows you must have the confidence to shoot from distance,” he added.
Despite making his England debut six years ago, Friday’s game was Walcott’s first at a major final.
“It was important that I had no injuries last season which was one of the best I had for Arsenal considering the amount of games I had,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'