England’s Theo Walcott believes he has got Ronaldo’s touch
London: England football star Theo Walcott believes he has got the style of playing like Cristiano Ronaldo.
“I’ve never had a strike from distance like that so I surprised myself. I didn’t know I had the Ronaldo dip in me to be honest,” The Sun quoted Walcott, as saying.
Walcott could not keep the smile off his face as he beamed about his starring role in the dramatic 3-2 win and his Ronaldo-style goal.
“I was really shocked. I even thought it took a deflection at first but I have watched it back now and it didn’t. It was only my third touch and it just shows you must have the confidence to shoot from distance,” he added.
Despite making his England debut six years ago, Friday’s game was Walcott’s first at a major final.
“It was important that I had no injuries last season which was one of the best I had for Arsenal considering the amount of games I had,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital