Euro 2012: Nani hits out at glory-hungry Ronaldo!
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Warsaw: Portugal winger Nani has hit out at his captain Cristiano Ronaldo for deciding to take the last penalty kick in their first semifinal loss to Spain. Nani accused that Ronaldo wanted to take the glory shot himself.
Ronaldo has come under criticism from different quarters for letting the last penalty for himself in their defeat against Spain in the first semi-final of Euro 2012 on Wednesday as most of the people think that he should have taken the all-important fourth penalty which Bruno Alves missed.
The miss by Alves sealed the match in Spain’s favour and Ronaldo’s turn did not come.
Though Ronaldo said that the shoot-out order was decided by the coach, Nani, a former Manchester United teammate, accused that Ronaldo demanded the last penalty.
“Cristiano Ronaldo demanded the last penalty,” the winger said.
“I said to the coach I would accept any order. It didn`t seem to be a problem to me, because penalty shoot-outs are all about luck and we did not deserve to lose like that,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!