Euro 2012: Nani hits out at glory-hungry Ronaldo!
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Warsaw: Portugal winger Nani has hit out at his captain Cristiano Ronaldo for deciding to take the last penalty kick in their first semifinal loss to Spain. Nani accused that Ronaldo wanted to take the glory shot himself.
Ronaldo has come under criticism from different quarters for letting the last penalty for himself in their defeat against Spain in the first semi-final of Euro 2012 on Wednesday as most of the people think that he should have taken the all-important fourth penalty which Bruno Alves missed.
The miss by Alves sealed the match in Spain’s favour and Ronaldo’s turn did not come.
Though Ronaldo said that the shoot-out order was decided by the coach, Nani, a former Manchester United teammate, accused that Ronaldo demanded the last penalty.
“Cristiano Ronaldo demanded the last penalty,” the winger said.
“I said to the coach I would accept any order. It didn`t seem to be a problem to me, because penalty shoot-outs are all about luck and we did not deserve to lose like that,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read