Euro 2012: Nani hits out at glory-hungry Ronaldo!
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Warsaw: Portugal winger Nani has hit out at his captain Cristiano Ronaldo for deciding to take the last penalty kick in their first semifinal loss to Spain. Nani accused that Ronaldo wanted to take the glory shot himself.
Ronaldo has come under criticism from different quarters for letting the last penalty for himself in their defeat against Spain in the first semi-final of Euro 2012 on Wednesday as most of the people think that he should have taken the all-important fourth penalty which Bruno Alves missed.
The miss by Alves sealed the match in Spain’s favour and Ronaldo’s turn did not come.
Though Ronaldo said that the shoot-out order was decided by the coach, Nani, a former Manchester United teammate, accused that Ronaldo demanded the last penalty.
“Cristiano Ronaldo demanded the last penalty,” the winger said.
“I said to the coach I would accept any order. It didn`t seem to be a problem to me, because penalty shoot-outs are all about luck and we did not deserve to lose like that,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip