Euro 2012: Portugal vs Netherlands - Preview
Kharkiv: Portugal boss Paulo Bento will have a fully-fit squad for Sunday`s clash with Netherlands at Metalist Stadium in Kharkiv.
The 42-year-old could name the same team that beat Denmark 3-2 on Wednesday, with Helder Postiga retaining his place in attack ahead of Hugo Almeida and Nelson Oliveira.
Netherlands have no injury concerns but coach Bert van Marwijk may consider naming a more positive line-up for the must-win encounter.
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar could start alongside Robin van Persie in attack, with Barcelona`s Ibrahim Afellay likely to make way.
Fenerbahce-bound Dirk Kuyt is also understood to be under consideration for a starting berth in place of Arjen Robben, especially after the latter`s petulant reaction to being substituted in the 2-1 defeat to Germany.
• Portugal`s record in 10 previous encounters with the Netherlands is W6, D3, L1, with the solitary defeat coming in a European Championship qualifier in October 1991.
• The Seleccao can secure qualification to the quarter-finals with victory, unless Denmark beat Germany 3-2, or by a higher-scoring one-goal margin. A draw will be enough provided Denmark fail to win. Portugal will also qualify if they lose by a one-goal margin and Denmark are beaten.
• Helder Postiga`s goal against Denmark meant he became only the sixth player to score at three different European Championships after Jurgen Klinsmann, Vladimir Smicer, Nuno Gomes, Thierry Henry and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
• Fabio Coentrao, Cristiano Ronaldo, Raul Meireles and Postiga are all a booking away from suspension.
• Netherlands have won just three of their last nine official games. They have never lost two group matches in a European Championship before.
• Bert van Marwijk`s side must beat Portugal by a two-goal margin and hope Denmark lose to Germany in order to progress.
• Maarten Stekelenburg (pictured right) is in line to win his 50th cap against Portugal.
• Mark van Bommel, Jetro Willems and Nigel de Jong will incur a ban with their next bookings.