Euro 2012: We have to learn from Netherlands` mistakes, says Petr Cech
Warsaw (Poland): Czech Republic goalkeeper Petr Cech is full of respect for Portugal ahead of their Euro 2012 quarter-final encounter, and stressed that they cannot afford to make the same mistakes Netherlands made against the Seleccao in the group stages.
Oranje were beaten 2-1 on Sunday after failing to contain Cristiano Ronaldo, but the Chelsea man has insisted that there`s much more to Portugal than just the Real Madrid star.
"The footage of their win over Netherlands was very impressive. They played really well, created a lot of chances, and had loads of shots on target," Cech was quoted as saying by Kicker.
"We have to learn from Netherlands mistakes. If we give Portugal as much space as the Dutch did, I won`t have complained about a lack of work throughout the game."
"We have a shot if we stay compact and don`t give them any space. Cristiano Ronaldo is their superstar, but he won`t be decisive."
"What matters is that we keep things tight at the back and don`t let them play their own game. There`s more to Portugal than Ronaldo. They have a great team."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video