Euro Cup 2012: Spanish football fans celebrate historic win!
Madrid: Football fans across Spain celebrated their country`s 4-0 win over Italy in the final of the European Championship Sunday night.
Goals from David Silva, Jordi Alba, Fernando Torres and Juan Mata gave Spain the win against the Italians in Kiev.
Spain were crowned European Champions in Austria in 2008 and followed that up with the World Cup in South Africa two years ago.
Tens of thousands of fans gathered outside Santiago Bernabeu Stadium here to watch the game on giant TV screens, while there were other giant screens in Seville and Valencia.
Wednesday`s semifinal win over Portugal had been the most watched programme ever on Spanish TV, reports Xinhua.
When the final whistle went, it was celebration time for the country - something Spanish fans have become used to, with thousands of fans pouring out onto the streets in joy.
The team will return home Monday and will celebrate their title with the fans in Plaza Cibeles in Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'