Euro Cup final: When Cesare Prandelli comforted a sobbing Balotelli!
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kiev: Mario Balotelli was a dejected figure after Italy’s humiliating loss against defending champions Spain in Euro Cup final. Soon after the final whistle, the controversial striker straightway stormed to the dressing room and even pushed one of the officials who tried to stop him.
The 21-year-old striker, who weaved his magic against Germany in the semi-final was a no-show in the historic final match. Balotelli came to collect his medal after sometime but broke to tears when he returned to the pitch.
It was then that his coach Cesare Prandelli went to comfort him and told the striker to accept the defeat as it will help him come stronger in the future.
"I told Mario that these are experiences you have to deal with and have to accept," said Prandelli.
"But you also have to make sure this helps you going forward and you can grow from the experience.
Balotelli blew away three-time European Champions Germany with his two fantastic goals in the semi-final. An encore was expected from him but unfortunately, the volatile striker couldn’t capitalize on the chances that came his way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy