Euro Cup final: When Cesare Prandelli comforted a sobbing Balotelli!
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kiev: Mario Balotelli was a dejected figure after Italy’s humiliating loss against defending champions Spain in Euro Cup final. Soon after the final whistle, the controversial striker straightway stormed to the dressing room and even pushed one of the officials who tried to stop him.
The 21-year-old striker, who weaved his magic against Germany in the semi-final was a no-show in the historic final match. Balotelli came to collect his medal after sometime but broke to tears when he returned to the pitch.
It was then that his coach Cesare Prandelli went to comfort him and told the striker to accept the defeat as it will help him come stronger in the future.
"I told Mario that these are experiences you have to deal with and have to accept," said Prandelli.
"But you also have to make sure this helps you going forward and you can grow from the experience.
Balotelli blew away three-time European Champions Germany with his two fantastic goals in the semi-final. An encore was expected from him but unfortunately, the volatile striker couldn’t capitalize on the chances that came his way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter