Euro final: Spain identifies Italy’s ‘Super Mario’ as major threat
London: Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas has admitted striker Mario Balotelli is a major threat to their chances of creating history when they face Italy in the final of the Euro Cup in Kiev on Sunday.
The Manchester City striker stunned Germany with an outrageous double in their semi-final to live up to his ‘Super Mario’ nickname.
Fabregas has pinpointed Balotelli as Italy’s main man, urging his teammates not take their eyes off the impulsive 21-year-old.
“I think Mario is a great player. He demonstrated that when he scored two goals in the semi-final against a very strong team like Germany,” a newspaper quoted Fabregas, as saying.
“Clearly he is a threat to us, like Antonio Cassano and Italy’s other strikers, and we will do our best to deactivate this threat,” he added.
Fabregas said beating Italy won’t be a cakewalk for them, and admitted they would have to work hard on tactics if they fancy any chance to create history.
“Italy have a very competitive team, are very experienced at the back and have players who have dominated Italian football this season while playing for Juventus, Inter Milan and AC Milan,” Fabregas said,
“They also have a lot of variety with players who are very strong, like Balotelli, then tricky players who get behind you like Cassano and Antonio Di Natale, and then special players like Andrea Pirlo and Claudio Marchisio,” he added.
“We will try to deactivate the two strikers and Pirlo, who are the main offensive problems we could have,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report