Fabregas credits being ‘bunch of normal players’ for Spain’s spectacular success
London: Spain’s influential midfielder Cesc Fabregas has said the record-breaking Euro Cup winning team is more than just a team, and is actually a group of normal human beings, who share a special bond with each other.
Spain became the first team ever to win three major international tournaments on the trot after hammering Italy 4-0 in the final of the Euro 2012, and Fabregas said the system in their team promotes thinking individuals rather than just robots.
“This group is more than just a team. We are friends. We like to play cards, to be together. It is something else.
“It is not a football team — it is more than that. It’s difficult to say how we retain the hunger. We are just so normal, we are normal people. We hang out, we play table tennis,” a newspaper quoted Fabregas, as saying.
“We go to the cinema together, all the families are together when they come in tournaments. It’s a really, really nice atmosphere. It looks like some people are going, but the new generation are exactly the same as us,” he added.
“They are humble, they really want to work hard, they believe in our project and we are very proud of ourselves,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliament witnessed uproarious scenes AAP leader Bhagwant Mann's video
- VIDEO: Beautiful Voice! WATCH Sunny Leone sing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League
- Rajasthan: Man held for raping 5-year-old girl, torturing 2-yr old sibling
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!