Fabregas hopes to play important role for Spain at Euro 2012
Madrid: Cesc Fabregas is hopeful of playing a key role for Spain at Euro 2012 as they aim to successfully defend their European title.
The Barcelona midfielder spent that last few days of his country`s preparations recovering from injury, but has insisted that he is ready for a gruelling tournament where he believes La Roja will have a target on their backs.
"I`m optimistic ahead of the Euros. Physically I`m good and mentally I`m strong. I hope to be important like I was in 2008," Fabregas was quoted as saying by El Mundo Deportivo.
"We want to make history this summer and become the first team to win the Euro, World Cup, Euro treble.
"However, we realise that it won`t be easy. Everyone wants to beat Spain because we`re the favourites."
Vicente del Bosque`s men will have Croatia, Italy and Republic of Ireland for company in Group C. They start the tournament with the match versus the Azzurri on June 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof