Fabregas hopes to play important role for Spain at Euro 2012
Madrid: Cesc Fabregas is hopeful of playing a key role for Spain at Euro 2012 as they aim to successfully defend their European title.
The Barcelona midfielder spent that last few days of his country`s preparations recovering from injury, but has insisted that he is ready for a gruelling tournament where he believes La Roja will have a target on their backs.
"I`m optimistic ahead of the Euros. Physically I`m good and mentally I`m strong. I hope to be important like I was in 2008," Fabregas was quoted as saying by El Mundo Deportivo.
"We want to make history this summer and become the first team to win the Euro, World Cup, Euro treble.
"However, we realise that it won`t be easy. Everyone wants to beat Spain because we`re the favourites."
Vicente del Bosque`s men will have Croatia, Italy and Republic of Ireland for company in Group C. They start the tournament with the match versus the Azzurri on June 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city