Fabregas hopes to play important role for Spain at Euro 2012
Madrid: Cesc Fabregas is hopeful of playing a key role for Spain at Euro 2012 as they aim to successfully defend their European title.
The Barcelona midfielder spent that last few days of his country`s preparations recovering from injury, but has insisted that he is ready for a gruelling tournament where he believes La Roja will have a target on their backs.
"I`m optimistic ahead of the Euros. Physically I`m good and mentally I`m strong. I hope to be important like I was in 2008," Fabregas was quoted as saying by El Mundo Deportivo.
"We want to make history this summer and become the first team to win the Euro, World Cup, Euro treble.
"However, we realise that it won`t be easy. Everyone wants to beat Spain because we`re the favourites."
Vicente del Bosque`s men will have Croatia, Italy and Republic of Ireland for company in Group C. They start the tournament with the match versus the Azzurri on June 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16