Greece too hard to break down: Russia coach
Warsaw: Greece were simply too hard for to break down in the crunch Euro 2012 match Saturday that saw Russia knocked out, Russia coach Dick Advocaat said.
Greece won 1-0 courtesy of a Sotiris Karagounis goal on the stroke of half-time, and combined with the Czech Republic`s 1-0 win over Poland, the result was enough to send the Czechs and Greeks through from Group A.
"We played quite well, we went forward and the other team just defended, so don`t say that we didn`t play well today," Advocaat said.
"We were undefeated for 16 games and today we should have won, and that wasn`t the case, so all compliments to Greece."
The match was former Rangers coach Advocaat`s last game in charge of Russia before he returns to his native Netherlands to take over at PSV Eindhoven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress