Greece too hard to break down: Russia coach
Warsaw: Greece were simply too hard for to break down in the crunch Euro 2012 match Saturday that saw Russia knocked out, Russia coach Dick Advocaat said.
Greece won 1-0 courtesy of a Sotiris Karagounis goal on the stroke of half-time, and combined with the Czech Republic`s 1-0 win over Poland, the result was enough to send the Czechs and Greeks through from Group A.
"We played quite well, we went forward and the other team just defended, so don`t say that we didn`t play well today," Advocaat said.
"We were undefeated for 16 games and today we should have won, and that wasn`t the case, so all compliments to Greece."
The match was former Rangers coach Advocaat`s last game in charge of Russia before he returns to his native Netherlands to take over at PSV Eindhoven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena