Greece too hard to break down: Russia coach
Warsaw: Greece were simply too hard for to break down in the crunch Euro 2012 match Saturday that saw Russia knocked out, Russia coach Dick Advocaat said.
Greece won 1-0 courtesy of a Sotiris Karagounis goal on the stroke of half-time, and combined with the Czech Republic`s 1-0 win over Poland, the result was enough to send the Czechs and Greeks through from Group A.
"We played quite well, we went forward and the other team just defended, so don`t say that we didn`t play well today," Advocaat said.
"We were undefeated for 16 games and today we should have won, and that wasn`t the case, so all compliments to Greece."
The match was former Rangers coach Advocaat`s last game in charge of Russia before he returns to his native Netherlands to take over at PSV Eindhoven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch