Hart has potential to become No1 keeper: Buffon
London: Italy’s football captain Gianluigi Buffon has admitted that England goalkeeper Joe Hart has the potential to become the world’s best.
The Italian and Juventus legend will pick up his 118th cap against Hart and England in the Euro quarterfinals in Kiev, sunday.
“Together with Manuel Neuer and Salvatore Sirigu, Hart can become the best in the world. I think it is a very balanced game against England, totally equal,” Buffon said.
Hart has been in fine form for England during Euro 2012 while Bayern Munich keeper Neuer has established himself as first choice for Germany.
Sirigu, who plays for Paris Saint-Germain, is third choice for Italy but is seen as the long-term sucessor to Buffon.
“The difference between a normal keeper and a great goalkeeper is the attention to detail, to not commit mistakes during one season. The maximum number of mistakes a keeper can commit is two or three per season Buffon was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof