Hart has potential to become No1 keeper: Buffon
London: Italy’s football captain Gianluigi Buffon has admitted that England goalkeeper Joe Hart has the potential to become the world’s best.
The Italian and Juventus legend will pick up his 118th cap against Hart and England in the Euro quarterfinals in Kiev, sunday.
“Together with Manuel Neuer and Salvatore Sirigu, Hart can become the best in the world. I think it is a very balanced game against England, totally equal,” Buffon said.
Hart has been in fine form for England during Euro 2012 while Bayern Munich keeper Neuer has established himself as first choice for Germany.
Sirigu, who plays for Paris Saint-Germain, is third choice for Italy but is seen as the long-term sucessor to Buffon.
“The difference between a normal keeper and a great goalkeeper is the attention to detail, to not commit mistakes during one season. The maximum number of mistakes a keeper can commit is two or three per season Buffon was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh