Hart has potential to become No1 keeper: Buffon
London: Italy’s football captain Gianluigi Buffon has admitted that England goalkeeper Joe Hart has the potential to become the world’s best.
The Italian and Juventus legend will pick up his 118th cap against Hart and England in the Euro quarterfinals in Kiev, sunday.
“Together with Manuel Neuer and Salvatore Sirigu, Hart can become the best in the world. I think it is a very balanced game against England, totally equal,” Buffon said.
Hart has been in fine form for England during Euro 2012 while Bayern Munich keeper Neuer has established himself as first choice for Germany.
Sirigu, who plays for Paris Saint-Germain, is third choice for Italy but is seen as the long-term sucessor to Buffon.
“The difference between a normal keeper and a great goalkeeper is the attention to detail, to not commit mistakes during one season. The maximum number of mistakes a keeper can commit is two or three per season Buffon was quoted as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14