Hodgson blasts Three Lion’s comparison to ‘defensive’ Italians
London: England Boss Roy Hodgson has rejected suggestions of his Three Lions team being as defensive as the Italians, after Italian journalists suggested the two teams are alike ahead of tonight’s Euro 2012 quarter-final clash.
“Don’t dare compare us to them,” an irritated Hodgson said.
Italy is famous for their negative and defensive tactics, and England have played in a similar fashion so far to a draw with France before narrowly beating Sweden and Ukraine.
However, Hodgson denied England’s plan was to be conservative.
“I don’t know what they mean when they say we play like the Italian team. They’d have to explain to me what qualities they see in our play to suggest we have the same qualities we see in the Italians’ play,” he said.
Hodgson instead paid tribute to England’s survival instincts.
“I don’t think at this level of competition there is ever going to be a match when you are always in the ascendancy. We have to try to break the hoodoo. It’s a nasty statistic because it’s a very negative one,” he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena