Iniesta says ‘people can’t ignore how great Spain’s magical Euro win is’
London: Talismanic Spanish midfielder has said their record-breaking Euro Cup win is a magical feat, which cannot be repeated in the future, and people can’t ignore how great this win is.
Spain’s 4-0 victory over an Italian team, reduced to ten men for much of the second half, after an injury to substitute Thiago Motta left their boss Cesare Prandelli with no option but to replace him. It was the first time any country has won three major tournaments on the trot.
Spain had also won the Euro Cup in 2008 and the World Cup in 2010.
Iniesta answered critics who said Spain’s game had become too boring by saying that different people have different opinions, and their opinions won’t affect their game plan.
“Everybody has their point of view, their opinion. We are not here to say that our game is the most beautiful of them all. Everyone has a different opinion. [Against Italy], we had a great level of play and we were faithful to our style,” a newspaper quoted Iniesta, as saying.
“Of course, it would have been different had they not been playing with 10. That made things easier for us. Now we want to enjoy the victory. It``s unique. It``s magical. Something that cannot be repeated. People can``t ignore how great this is,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is still in the party: Punjab BJP chief