It is my England team at the Euros : Capello
Warsaw : Former England manager Fabio Capello has revealed his disappointment at not being given the opportunity to correct the mistakes of South Africa 2010 and lead the national side into the European Championship.
Capello describes the current team as his own, after the Italian left his position just four months ago following a disagreement with the FA over John Terry`s captaincy. Despite this, he has given his full backing to Roy Hodgson`s side, and says he wants them to win the tournament.
"When England’s players ran out against France, of course there was an emotion — I felt it," he said.
"England is part of me now; the job was an attraction, the chance to win something after so long. Everybody wants it for this reason.”
"That is why it is the job I wanted, that is why it is the job Roy Hodgson, my friend, wanted."
No longer in management, Capello laments his situation, admitting that he finds it hard to watch his old side from anywhere but the touchline.
He continued: "It is difficult watching on television when you want to be on the bench of the national team. It is a big difference. The dream is to win trophies, to make people back home happy. I miss it. This is normal.”
"The first game for England, against France, was so important because the pressure on the manager and the team is really, really strong.”
"Neither team took any risks; they didn`t have the confidence to do that because it was the first match of the tournament. England defended well. Joe Hart is an excellent goalkeeper and he made some really important saves.”
"They have key players in important positions. Steven Gerrard is dangerous from long distance and free-kicks and John Terry is the spirit of the team. He drives the players in front of him."
"They will qualify because I still feel like it is my job. I hope Roy is happy after the third game. I want them to win."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!