‘Italian hero’ Balotelli says City fans still love him despite assisting England’s Euro exit
London: Italian striker Mario Balotelli has said he wouldn’t be joining any Serie A club next season, as the Manchester City fans still love him despite assisting in knocking out England from the Euro Cup in the quarterfinal.
Balotelli’s two goals during their 2-1 semifinal Euro win against Germany has already won him hero status in Italy, and a host of Italian clubs are interested in getting him back home, but the crazy striker insists he would go back to Etihad after the Euros conclude.
“Come back now? I go back to Manchester. The City fans always want me, even though they are British — and I have helped eliminate their national team,” a newspaper quoted Balotelli, as saying.
Balotelli said this year has been special to him, and added that even if Italy falters against reigning European champions Spain in the final, it would make this year no les special for him.
“It’s been a special year for me. We won the Premier League at Manchester City last season — so having a good season doesn’t depend on me winning the Euros,” Balotelli said.
“Yes, it would be something special for me but if we don’t win it, it wouldn’t spoil the other things,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues