Italian trio of De Rossi, Abate and Chiellini uncertain for Euro SF clash with Germany
Sydney: Italy midfielder Daniele De Rossi and defenders Giorgio Chiellini and Ignazio Abate are doubtful for the Euro Cup semifinal clash with Germany as they are undergoing treatment for injuries.
“All three are making progress, and, we will do everything possible, right down to the last minute, to make them available” team doctor Enrico Castellacci was quoted as saying.
De Rossi has a problem with his sciatic nerve, and left Sunday`s penalty-shootout win over England in the 80th minute.
Abate has a muscle problem in his left leg and Chiellini has a left hamstring problem.
Abate`s replacement Christian Maggio picked up a yellow card that rules him out of Thursday`s match in Warsaw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!