Italy coach asks his team to focus on semi-final with Germany
London: Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has asked his side to move on from their England glory and focus on Thursday’s semi-final with Germany in Warsaw.
“We’ve only celebrated for 10 minutes. We have turned the page and our focus is already on Germany. The Germans, alongside Spain, are favourites to win the championship. I’m not the first to discover how good they are; they are playing very well,” said Prandelli.
Italy captain Gianluigi Buffon, who saved Ashley Cole’s penalty in the shoot-out, also urged his teammates not to get carried away by victory against England.
He said: “I cannot start jumping for joy after taking a spot in the semi-finals. I will only do that when we win something.”
“Those of us who have won something important want to repeat that and achieve it also for those who haven’t won a trophy yet,” Buffon was quoted as saying.
“The Germans, alongside Spain, are favourites to win the championship. I’m not the first to discover how good they are; they are playing very well,” he said.
The Italians face a major test in the last four as Germany, runners-up at Euro 2008, have won all four of their games so far in Poland and Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested