Italy coach asks his team to focus on semi-final with Germany
London: Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has asked his side to move on from their England glory and focus on Thursday’s semi-final with Germany in Warsaw.
“We’ve only celebrated for 10 minutes. We have turned the page and our focus is already on Germany. The Germans, alongside Spain, are favourites to win the championship. I’m not the first to discover how good they are; they are playing very well,” said Prandelli.
Italy captain Gianluigi Buffon, who saved Ashley Cole’s penalty in the shoot-out, also urged his teammates not to get carried away by victory against England.
He said: “I cannot start jumping for joy after taking a spot in the semi-finals. I will only do that when we win something.”
“Those of us who have won something important want to repeat that and achieve it also for those who haven’t won a trophy yet,” Buffon was quoted as saying.
“The Germans, alongside Spain, are favourites to win the championship. I’m not the first to discover how good they are; they are playing very well,” he said.
The Italians face a major test in the last four as Germany, runners-up at Euro 2008, have won all four of their games so far in Poland and Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’