Italy coach Prandelli vows to exploit Spain’s ‘Achilles heel’ in Euro final
London: Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has said he will try to find out the weaknesses in the Spain team, and would then set up his team to exploit those during their Euro Cup final showdown on Sunday in Kiev.
The Azzurris stunned Germany 2-1 in the Euro semifinal on Thursday, and were left with a day less than the Spaniards who beat Portugal on Wednesday to get ready for the final.
“I hope to be able to prepare in the best way possible for the match, even if we only have a day to get ready. We will identify Spain’s weak points and work on those areas, even if it won’t be easy because they are the world and European champions — and here they are in the final again,” a newspaper quoted Prandelli, as saying.
“That shows their qualities aren’t just in terms of technique but also on the level of morale and character. They are a reference point in many different ways, but we have also improved with time,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000