Lampard ruled out of Euro 2012 due to injury
Zeenews Sports Bureau
As a major setback for England ahead of the Euro Cup 2012, veteran midfielder Frank Lampard has been ruled out of the tournament due to injury.
As per reports, a scan confirmed his thigh injury would rule him out of the tournament.
Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson has been called into the squad as a replacement for Lampard.
The news is a hammer blow for England coach Roy Hodgson, who has already lost keeper John Ruddy and midfielder Gareth Barry from his original 23-member-squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing