Les Bleus still have work to do before French public love us again: Nasri
Warsaw: Samir Nasri admits it will take more than a 23-game unbeaten run to mend the splintered relationship that still exists between the French national team and their demanding fans.
Under the astute guidance of manager Laurent Blanc, who took over from the hapless Raymond Domenech following the debacle at the World Cup in South Africa two years ago, France have steadily rebuilt a team forged around the exciting talent of the likes of Nasri, Karim Benzema and Jeremy Menez.
Les Bleus require only a point against Sweden on Tuesday to qualify for the quarter-finals of Euro 2012, and Manchester City star Nasri feels the recent performances of his side show how desperate they are to repair the damage.
He said: "In France the image of the national team was really bad so we tried really hard for two years to change that and we are 23 games unbeaten now. We are trying to show everyone something different and we are not just like players with huge egos and big heads.
"We understand the fans but we want to give them back pleasure and we want to do something special as well. We are getting to the age of 24 and 25 and it is time to do something.
"To win the tournament will be difficult, we are trying to build something to make sure we are ready for the World Cup in 2014 in Brazil but you never know what can happen in a big tournament like this.
"We have done well in the first two games here and we will try to do something. I don`t think they [the fans] have forgiven us already but we will do everything to change that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply