Match-fixing: Italy’s Euro 2012 players under investigation
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Just days before the Euro 2012 kick-off, Italian national football team’s training base near Florence was raided by police investigating match-fixing with defender Domenico Criscito`s room searched.
According to Guardian, Italian defenders Domenico Criscito and Leonardo Bonucci face probe in a widening match-fixing scandal.
Earlier, the captain of the Italian football club Lazio has been arrested amid investigations in connection to match fixing scandal. Midfielder Stefano Mauri, 32, was arrested along with former Genoa midfielder Omar Milanetto.
Juventus coach Antonio Conte, who led the club to the Serie A title in his first season in charge, is among those being probed by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'