Match-fixing: Italy’s Euro 2012 players under investigation
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Just days before the Euro 2012 kick-off, Italian national football team’s training base near Florence was raided by police investigating match-fixing with defender Domenico Criscito`s room searched.
According to Guardian, Italian defenders Domenico Criscito and Leonardo Bonucci face probe in a widening match-fixing scandal.
Earlier, the captain of the Italian football club Lazio has been arrested amid investigations in connection to match fixing scandal. Midfielder Stefano Mauri, 32, was arrested along with former Genoa midfielder Omar Milanetto.
Juventus coach Antonio Conte, who led the club to the Serie A title in his first season in charge, is among those being probed by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi