Match-fixing: Italy’s Euro 2012 players under investigation
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Rome: Just days before the Euro 2012 kick-off, Italian national football team’s training base near Florence was raided by police investigating match-fixing with defender Domenico Criscito`s room searched.
According to Guardian, Italian defenders Domenico Criscito and Leonardo Bonucci face probe in a widening match-fixing scandal.
Earlier, the captain of the Italian football club Lazio has been arrested amid investigations in connection to match fixing scandal. Midfielder Stefano Mauri, 32, was arrested along with former Genoa midfielder Omar Milanetto.
Juventus coach Antonio Conte, who led the club to the Serie A title in his first season in charge, is among those being probed by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'