No Twitter ban for Russia at Euros
Moscow : Russia`s coach Dick Advocaat said Sunday he will not follow his Spanish counterpart Vicente del Bosque and forbid his players fom using social networking site Twitter during Euro 2012.
On Saturday several Spanish footballers, including Barcelona`s Cesc Fabregas, Gerard Pique and Victor Valdes informed their followers that they won`t be allowed to post anything while their teams remain in the tournament.
Asked if he is weighing up the same measures for his team, Advocaat said "No, because everybody is responsible for the things they write," he said.
Midfielder Roman Shirokov and goalkeeper Vyacheslav Malafeev are two of the squad`s more frequent tweeters, with Shirokov particularly renowned in Russia for his sharp comebacks to unkind remarks.
Advocaat said that as a non-Russian speaker, he has never read Shirokov`s account, though he had heard of it and trusts the player not to push it too far.
"He knows what he can do and what he can`t, if he goes too far we will tell him," the 64-year-old Dutchman said.
Germany boss Joachim Low also expressed concern about "rather dangerous" Twitter on Sunday, but also said he would not deprive his players of the right to use it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now