No Twitter ban for Russia at Euros
Moscow : Russia`s coach Dick Advocaat said Sunday he will not follow his Spanish counterpart Vicente del Bosque and forbid his players fom using social networking site Twitter during Euro 2012.
On Saturday several Spanish footballers, including Barcelona`s Cesc Fabregas, Gerard Pique and Victor Valdes informed their followers that they won`t be allowed to post anything while their teams remain in the tournament.
Asked if he is weighing up the same measures for his team, Advocaat said "No, because everybody is responsible for the things they write," he said.
Midfielder Roman Shirokov and goalkeeper Vyacheslav Malafeev are two of the squad`s more frequent tweeters, with Shirokov particularly renowned in Russia for his sharp comebacks to unkind remarks.
Advocaat said that as a non-Russian speaker, he has never read Shirokov`s account, though he had heard of it and trusts the player not to push it too far.
"He knows what he can do and what he can`t, if he goes too far we will tell him," the 64-year-old Dutchman said.
Germany boss Joachim Low also expressed concern about "rather dangerous" Twitter on Sunday, but also said he would not deprive his players of the right to use it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside
- Rio Olympics: Sachin Tendulkar meets wrestlers ahead of quadrennial event, boosts morale
- IPL 2016: Shane Watson reprimanded for using offensive language during match against Delhi Daredevils
- Photo alert! Aamir Khan dines with 'X-Men' star Ian McKellen