Portugal striker Postiga set to miss semi-final
Warsaw: Portugal centre-forward Helder Postiga is set to miss the Euro 2012 semi-final clash with either Spain or France in Donetsk, after suffering a suspected hamstring strain in Thursday`s 1-0 quarter-final win over Czech Republic.
The veteran striker, who was an integral part of Luiz Felipe Scolari`s side that reached the 2004 final, was replaced by Hugo Almeida shortly before the interval at the National Stadium in Warsaw.
Team doctor Henrique Jones confirmed he looks doubtful for the showdown on June 27.
"We are going to evaluate the extent of the injury more closely tomorrow (Friday)," he told reporters.
"But even if it is not a serious one it looks inevitable he will be out of contention for the semi-finals.”
"We are going to do all we can to ensure we get him back for the final," he added, assuming Paulo Bento`s side can overcome the current world and European champions, Spain, or Laurent Blanc`s French side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing