Portugal striker Postiga set to miss semi-final
Warsaw: Portugal centre-forward Helder Postiga is set to miss the Euro 2012 semi-final clash with either Spain or France in Donetsk, after suffering a suspected hamstring strain in Thursday`s 1-0 quarter-final win over Czech Republic.
The veteran striker, who was an integral part of Luiz Felipe Scolari`s side that reached the 2004 final, was replaced by Hugo Almeida shortly before the interval at the National Stadium in Warsaw.
Team doctor Henrique Jones confirmed he looks doubtful for the showdown on June 27.
"We are going to evaluate the extent of the injury more closely tomorrow (Friday)," he told reporters.
"But even if it is not a serious one it looks inevitable he will be out of contention for the semi-finals.”
"We are going to do all we can to ensure we get him back for the final," he added, assuming Paulo Bento`s side can overcome the current world and European champions, Spain, or Laurent Blanc`s French side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review