Portugal striker Postiga set to miss semi-final
Warsaw: Portugal centre-forward Helder Postiga is set to miss the Euro 2012 semi-final clash with either Spain or France in Donetsk, after suffering a suspected hamstring strain in Thursday`s 1-0 quarter-final win over Czech Republic.
The veteran striker, who was an integral part of Luiz Felipe Scolari`s side that reached the 2004 final, was replaced by Hugo Almeida shortly before the interval at the National Stadium in Warsaw.
Team doctor Henrique Jones confirmed he looks doubtful for the showdown on June 27.
"We are going to evaluate the extent of the injury more closely tomorrow (Friday)," he told reporters.
"But even if it is not a serious one it looks inevitable he will be out of contention for the semi-finals.”
"We are going to do all we can to ensure we get him back for the final," he added, assuming Paulo Bento`s side can overcome the current world and European champions, Spain, or Laurent Blanc`s French side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead