Priceless Pirlo is the best signing of my career, says Juventus director Marotta
Juventus: Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta has heaped praise on Andrea Pirlo, saying that it is impossible to put a price on the Italy regista.
The 33-year-old has played a leading role in the Azzurri`s Euro 2012 campaign, racking up one goal and two assists so far, and was named man of the match in the team`s 2-1 victory against Germany on Thursday.
Such performances have followed up a fine domestic season, where Pirlo helped Juve to their first Scudetto since 2002-03, and Marotta hailed the impact the midfielder has made.
"Pirlo has been amazing, I think he is the best signing of my career," he told Rai Sport. "The circumstances were favourable for us to land him, just like when Sampdoria signed Antonio Cassano.
"An improved contract? He is a great professional, so that is just trivial. The most important thing is that he continues to make the difference.
"How much he is worth? Players like him are priceless.
Italy and Spain will face off in the Euro 2012 final on Sunday at 20:45CET.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees