Priceless Pirlo is the best signing of my career, says Juventus director Marotta
Juventus: Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta has heaped praise on Andrea Pirlo, saying that it is impossible to put a price on the Italy regista.
The 33-year-old has played a leading role in the Azzurri`s Euro 2012 campaign, racking up one goal and two assists so far, and was named man of the match in the team`s 2-1 victory against Germany on Thursday.
Such performances have followed up a fine domestic season, where Pirlo helped Juve to their first Scudetto since 2002-03, and Marotta hailed the impact the midfielder has made.
"Pirlo has been amazing, I think he is the best signing of my career," he told Rai Sport. "The circumstances were favourable for us to land him, just like when Sampdoria signed Antonio Cassano.
"An improved contract? He is a great professional, so that is just trivial. The most important thing is that he continues to make the difference.
"How much he is worth? Players like him are priceless.
Italy and Spain will face off in the Euro 2012 final on Sunday at 20:45CET.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies