Ramos attributes his semi-final penalty chip to being "a little crazy"
Warsaw: Spain defender Sergio Ramos insists that his calmly-chipped penalty in the semi-final shoot-out against Portugal was planned, and attributed it to a "crazy personality".
Despite being under the pressure of a 48,000-crowd inside the Donbass Arena, the 26-year-old did not seem daunted as he stepped up to the spot and put the ball past Rui Patricio.
And the Real Madrid man seemed certain that La Roja boss Vicente Del Bosque was aware that he was capable of producing something special, and revealed that he was keen to restore his pride after his penalty shoot-out miss in the Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich.
Ramos told reporters: "Del Bosque could have had an idea that I would be capable of doing something like that, because he has worked with me for many years and deep down he knows I`m a little crazy.
"I had planned it [taking penalty Panenka-style], but it`s true that you only decide when you see how the goalkeeper is acting.
"And after my recent experience in the Champions League, many people said that perhaps I wasn`t prepared, and for me as a footballer that hurt my pride, so I was keen to assume that responsibility because I felt confident."
La Roja will meet either Italy or Germany in Sunday`s final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!