Robbie Keane targeting a win from Ireland`s Euro 2012 clash with Croatia
Warsaw : Republic of Ireland striker Robbie Keane is eyeing up all three points from Sunday’s Euro 2012 Group C game against Croatia.
The LA Galaxy forward knows how crucial a win could be against Slaven Bilic`s side with tough group games against Spain and Italy to come.
Giovanni Trapattoni has already named his starting XI for the game, and having remained undefeated for their last 15 games, the Boys in Green are full of confidence.
Keane told reporters: "It`s (winning against Croatia) vitally important. Of course in any competition, you want to start off straight away as well as you can and try to get points on the board because we know that in the group, anybody can beat anybody.
"We just have to take each game as it comes, as we always say. We will focus on Sunday`s game and see what happens after that.
"Hopefully we will be talking after that game with three points in the bag."
Ireland qualified for the tournament having lost just once and the 31-year-old is determined to lead his team out of the groups stages and Keane feels they can cause a few shocks at the Championship.
When asked if Ireland could match Greece`s 2004 achievements, he added: "I hope so, I certainly hope that`s the case.”
"Listen, we are not coming to this competition to make the numbers up. We are here to do as well as we can for the country and hopefully go as far as we can.
"We go into every game in every competition believing that we can win it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore