Sirigu: Buffon is not only a great player and captain, but also a problem-solver in the group
Kiev: The Paris Saint-Germain shot-stopper has only been capped twice by the Azzurri, but maintained that he has no qualms about playing second-fiddle to the Juventus goalkeeper.
Buffon has been in inspired form in the European Championship, making a number of key saves, whilst also saving an Ashley Cole penalty in the 4-2 shoot-out victory over England in the quarter-final.
Sirigu insists that Buffon remains a key figure - not only for him as a goalkeeper, but for the entire squad as a leader.
"His most important quality, before being a great player or a great captain, is that Gianluigi [Buffon] is a very down-to-earth man," the 25-year-old told RMC Sport.
"It`s nice, he is amiable. He is the person who solves problems, who comforts us, that`s a reference point in the group."
Cesare Prandelli`s men encounter Spain in the Euro 2012 final in Kiev on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre