Spanish midfielder Iniesta believes France will make England ‘suffer’
London: Spain’s influential midfielder Andres Iniesta considers France favourites to win against England on Monday during their first match of Group D.
“I have watched France on television several times and I think they are going to make England suffer. The French have improved under Laurent Blanc and the connection between Yohan Cabaye, Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema is a very dangerous one,” The Sun quoted Iniesta, as saying.
“A few months ago I had my doubts. But now I believe France are better than England. England have changed their coach and system. They’ve also suffered some important blows off the pitch and that’s a pity, as this is such a key game for them,” he added.
The Barcelona ace, scorer of the goal, which won Spain the 2010 World Cup further said: “Wayne Rooney will be missed for both his goals and his work rate. In normal circumstances, England and France would pass through to the quarterfinals. But the first match can change the course of the group.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family