Spanish midfielder Iniesta believes France will make England ‘suffer’
London: Spain’s influential midfielder Andres Iniesta considers France favourites to win against England on Monday during their first match of Group D.
“I have watched France on television several times and I think they are going to make England suffer. The French have improved under Laurent Blanc and the connection between Yohan Cabaye, Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema is a very dangerous one,” The Sun quoted Iniesta, as saying.
“A few months ago I had my doubts. But now I believe France are better than England. England have changed their coach and system. They’ve also suffered some important blows off the pitch and that’s a pity, as this is such a key game for them,” he added.
The Barcelona ace, scorer of the goal, which won Spain the 2010 World Cup further said: “Wayne Rooney will be missed for both his goals and his work rate. In normal circumstances, England and France would pass through to the quarterfinals. But the first match can change the course of the group.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'