Spurs’ Jermain Defoe gearing up for ‘massive impact’ at Euro 2012
London: Tottenham Spurs striker Jermain Defoe is gearing up to make a massive impact at Euro 2012.
Defoe, 29, is considered by many pundits to be the “fourth choice” forward in Roy Hodgson’s squad for Poland and Ukraine.
However, it has been predicted that if England ever need sa late leveller in a crunch game, then Rodgers would most likely to turn to the Tottenham man.
“I always try my best in every game. At any tournament you need players who will start the games but you also need those that can come on and make an impact — especially if a big match goes to extra time,” The sun quoted Defoe, as saying.
“So it’s very important to keep sharp, watch the game at all times and try to make an impact when you come on. I believe I can do that for the team,” he added.
Defoe, who came on for Ashley Young during Saturday’s 1-0 win against Belgium, has pedigree at coming to his country’s rescue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price