Spurs’ Jermain Defoe gearing up for ‘massive impact’ at Euro 2012
London: Tottenham Spurs striker Jermain Defoe is gearing up to make a massive impact at Euro 2012.
Defoe, 29, is considered by many pundits to be the “fourth choice” forward in Roy Hodgson’s squad for Poland and Ukraine.
However, it has been predicted that if England ever need sa late leveller in a crunch game, then Rodgers would most likely to turn to the Tottenham man.
“I always try my best in every game. At any tournament you need players who will start the games but you also need those that can come on and make an impact — especially if a big match goes to extra time,” The sun quoted Defoe, as saying.
“So it’s very important to keep sharp, watch the game at all times and try to make an impact when you come on. I believe I can do that for the team,” he added.
Defoe, who came on for Ashley Young during Saturday’s 1-0 win against Belgium, has pedigree at coming to his country’s rescue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack