Team to back Balotelli if subjected to racist rants during Euros, says coach Prandelli
Rome: Italy’s football coach Cesare Prandelli has said he and his team will support striker Mario Balotelli should he be subjected to racism during the Euro 2012 in Ukraine and Poland.
“In the case that Balotelli is a target of racial boos, we will all step out on the pitch from the bench. We will do something for Mario should that case arise,” Prandelli was quoted as saying.
Balotelli, 21, had experienced racism while playing for former club Inter Milan in Serie A and recently stated that he would “walk of the pitch” if so happens.
There has been a worldwide campaign to combat racism in football over the past few years, yet there are fears that some players might be targeted during the tournament in Poland and Ukraine this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened