Team to back Balotelli if subjected to racist rants during Euros, says coach Prandelli
Rome: Italy’s football coach Cesare Prandelli has said he and his team will support striker Mario Balotelli should he be subjected to racism during the Euro 2012 in Ukraine and Poland.
“In the case that Balotelli is a target of racial boos, we will all step out on the pitch from the bench. We will do something for Mario should that case arise,” Prandelli was quoted as saying.
Balotelli, 21, had experienced racism while playing for former club Inter Milan in Serie A and recently stated that he would “walk of the pitch” if so happens.
There has been a worldwide campaign to combat racism in football over the past few years, yet there are fears that some players might be targeted during the tournament in Poland and Ukraine this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming