Team to back Balotelli if subjected to racist rants during Euros, says coach Prandelli
Rome: Italy’s football coach Cesare Prandelli has said he and his team will support striker Mario Balotelli should he be subjected to racism during the Euro 2012 in Ukraine and Poland.
“In the case that Balotelli is a target of racial boos, we will all step out on the pitch from the bench. We will do something for Mario should that case arise,” Prandelli was quoted as saying.
Balotelli, 21, had experienced racism while playing for former club Inter Milan in Serie A and recently stated that he would “walk of the pitch” if so happens.
There has been a worldwide campaign to combat racism in football over the past few years, yet there are fears that some players might be targeted during the tournament in Poland and Ukraine this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets