There are several reasons behind Netherlands` failure: Kuyt
Amsterdam: Dirk Kuyt feels that there are several reasons for Netherlands` disappointing Euro 2012 campaign, and has urged his team-mates to take a good look at themselves before criticising others.
Oranje failed to survive the group stage as Denmark, Germany and Portugal all proved to be too strong for the pre-tournament favourites.
And the Fenerbahce forward believes that there are many factors that caused his side`s catastrophic campaign in Ukraine and Poland.
"People are saying and writing all kinds of things on why it didn`t work out for us at Euro 2012, but it really isn`t that simple," Kuyt said.
"You can`t just highlight one thing as the reason for what happened. There are a number of reasons.
"Everybody should take their time to reflect on this tournament and take a good look in the mirror before talking about other things.
"You can then draw your own conclusions. I will certainly look back at this tournament during my holiday to identify what went wrong. It would be good if others did the same."
Netherlands resume match action against Belgium on August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!